|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
This week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Team,” was one of the best episodes so far this season. It gave us the Secret Warrior action we’ve been waiting for—though not nearly enough of it! There was enormous intrigue around the possibility of Hive having taken over one of the Inhumans. And there was a huge twist at the end centered on that specific intrigue. I won’t mention it here to avoid spoilers, but I’m going to warn you off the bat: if you haven’t seen the episode yet, don’t read the rest of this article; it’s pretty much based on spoilers from the episode!
There are five episodes (4 weeks) left of this season, and after this week’s episode, it is much clearer what we can expect to see in the final episodes. What follows will be partly expectations and partly wishes for the remainder of the season.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. “Fallen Agent” Wish List
- A satisfactory answer to the question of just what Hive’s control means—how much of Daisy is left
- Some awesome Hive-Daisy scenes of her cutting loose and acting crazy
- Perhaps at least a couple scenes of Hive and Daisy together, even if Hive doesn’t have any actual emotions
- Further back story on Hive, which we might even be getting in a couple of episodes when the Kree show up again
- The Secret Warriors’ and S.H.I.E.L.D.’s reactions to Daisy being turned by Hive
- Will this push Joey and Elena to leave all the sooner, or will they decide to stay and fight?
- How will the rest of the S.H.I.E.L.D. team react, considering how close Daisy is with all of them?
- I want to see them expand the Secret Warriors, both with new members and even a second team
- Without Daisy they are down to 3: they need more heroes (Alisha, Eden Fesi, James…)
- With Hive’s power over Inhumans, Coulson needs a team of non-Inhumans that Hive can’t control. In the comics, there were 3 teams in this program; the same could be true in the show. My second team would be Mack, May, Deathlok, Absorbing Man, and Randolph (the Asgardian Berserker).
- I hope that Lincoln will get a chance to really come into his own without Daisy around. Perhaps he will take on leading the Secret Warriors in Daisy’s absence.
- We are almost definitely going to see Lash again, perhaps to fight Hive in the season finale
- My hope is that this will give his character arc a satisfying conclusion
- Further development of Fitz and Simmons’ relationship and an understanding of what them dating means for the rest of the team’s dynamics
- When the midseason premiere opened with a flash-forward to 3 months in the future, they teased a slow reveal of what was going on with the quinjet in space. So far we’ve only gotten that same flash-forward twice. Over the next few episodes I expect to see a few more hints at what is going on in that scene.
- A full-on Hive appearance where we get to really see what he looks like
- A massive Inhumans-vs.-Inhumans battle between the Secret Warriors and Hive’s team—which needs to be more than just Giyera and Hive-Daisy
- The solution for defeating Hive will require both human science and the Kree artifact
- An interesting and compelling tie-in between the show and Civil War
- Something which feels natural to both and does not detract from the show
So that’s my wish list for the rest of this season on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. What do you want to see? How do you think they should replace Daisy on the Secret Warriors for the rest of the season? Do you think they will un-Hive her? Let me know in the comments!
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”