|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight for the LMD arc, which starts with “Broken Promises” (4x09) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “The Laws of Inferno Dynamics”?
Ghost Rider, Quake, and Yo-Yo teamed up with S.H.I.E.L.D. to stop Eli, which they succeeded in doing, but at the cost of Robbie sacrificing himself to drag Eli to Hell. Following the battle (in which Director Mace suits up as “the Patriot”), Mace officially brings Daisy back into S.H.I.E.L.D. (making it appear as though she had been working for S.H.I.E.L.D. all along, working undercover against the Watchdogs). At the end of the episode, it is revealed that AIDA has started working against S.H.I.E.L.D., going so far as to replace May with an LMD copy.
Episode Synopsis for “Broken Promises”:
Though Coulson and May are growing closer, Coulson remains unaware of the dark secret May is hiding beneath the surface. Meanwhile, Aida is unrelenting in her search for the Darkhold.
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- The Darkhold may not play a role in this episode, but AIDA’s search for it will be significant
- They aren’t going to figure out that May has been replaced right away
- AIDA will replace at least a couple more agents before long
- Daisy will have some difficulty readjusting to S.H.I.E.L.D.
- All is not going to be well between Coulson and Mace for long
- “Philinda shippers” will be torn: on the one hand, it’s what they want, but on the other hand, it’s really not
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Tony Stark shows up to give his opinion of the concept of Life Model Decoys, particularly in the light of the Ultron debacle
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”