Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “BOOM” (4x13) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Hot Potato Soup”?
The Koenig clan was back to protect the Darkhold, but Sam was captured, making it a race between S.H.I.E.L.D. and the “Superior”/Radcliffe to get to it. The team discovered the May LMD, but it was too late as she was able to fulfill her programming by giving the Darkhold to Radcliffe.
Episode Synopsis for “BOOM”:
Daisy, Mace and the S.H.I.E.L.D. team must find a way to contain an explosive Inhuman. Meanwhile, Coulson and Mack come face-to-face with Radcliffe’s inspiration for Aida.
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- The team is going to hunt for May. Whether they find her this week or not is up for debate.
- I am curious about this new Inhuman. It could turn out to be a trap laid by Nadeer, Radcliffe, and the Watchdogs to distract the team.
- I really want to see where the story with Mace is going
- At some point we will have to see the consequences of S.H.I.E.L.D’s botched attempt to bug Nadeer’s office
- Radcliffe’s experimentation with Terrigen will have some sort of unintended consequences—I expect someone to transform (maybe even the new explosive Inhuman)
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
The Superior himself turns out to be an Inhuman. Or Radcliffe replaces him with an LMD. Either one works.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”