Saturday, May 16, 2015

The Weekly MCU Review for May 16


Image Courtesy
A Terrible Pun

Another week, and more MCU news!  Avengers: Age of Ultron, Captain America: Civil War, and the TV up-fronts.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up (*ducks*) on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

So what is going on among the Inhumans and S.H.I.EL.D.?  I thought before this week’s episode that they were being driven primarily by fear, and that if the fear were resolved, they could work together.  Having seen the episode, how do you think I did in predicting the resolution?

My Daredevil season 1, episode 5, “World on Fire” review came on Monday.  What have you thought of this series and its quick pick-up for another season next year?  Which Marvel Netflix series are you most excited for?

On Tuesday came the season finale of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (expectations and review).  What did you think of it?  Were you completely blown away?  What are you looking for next season?

Warning:  this post contains major Avengers: Age of Ultron SPOILERS!  What did you think of my take on that question?  Just don’t spoil it for those who haven’t seen the movie!

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Here’s one I forgot to include last week.  Amazon has an updated synopsis for A.K.A. Jessica Jones.  What do you think?

So now we have some new information on why they decided not to pick up the AoS spinoff focusing on Bobbi and Hunter.  Apparently they did not want to lose those two characters from the main series.  I can see that, but I still would like to see MOAR MARVEL TV!!!!1!  What do you think:  glad they didn’t go that direction or disappointed?

Don’t look unless you want to be “spoiled” for the ending of Ant-Man!

Do you want to see a really dark MCU?  Personally, I enjoy the lighter tone, but if there’s a property that lends itself to the dark (a la Daredevil), I don’t think Marvel should limit themselves to just the comedic.

Synopses were released this week for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3 and Agent Carter season 2.

Apparently the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season finale was beat out in the ratings by Flash.  I’ve heard good things about Flash, but I’m surprised by all the people watching the non-season-finale of one over the season finale of the other.  But why do you think it happens?

Habemus Spider-Man?  I don’t exactly know anything about Asa Butterfield, but I’m excited to see him in Captain America: Civil War if he does get cast.  He definitely looks young enough to play a teenage Peter Parker for a few years!

In other news, Google Translate is not a reputable source for translation services.  In Marvel’s defense, YouTube sometimes does a terrible job, as well, but a multibillion-dollar company producing a billion-dollar movie should be able to afford a decent translator.


Meanwhile, there are tons of Civil War set photos coming out, including Cap, Falcon, Widow, Witch, and even Crossbones in costume!  Just check out www.twitter.com/Marvel for a zillion of them.  Here’s Crossbones.

And Avengers: Age of Ultron has made over $1 billion at the box office.  How much do you think it’s going to make?

So, would you watch an “All Marvel, All the Time” or “All Star Wars, All the Time” channel?  Because that’s what Disney is thinking about doing.  Do they have enough content for either of those brands to fill an entire TV schedule?

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

So Oliver Queen/Arrow himself, Stephen Amell, is offering to guest star on Constantine if it gets picked up for a second season somewhere.  And apparently all of the DC TV series are going to be connected to one degree or another so that characters from the one can appear on the others.  What do you think of this revelation?  Personally, I’m a huge fan of the interconnected comic book universe (see, the title of my blog!), so I like this idea.

Meanwhile, Supergirl is not going to cross over with the other DCTVU series.  Personally, I think it might not be a bad idea to let her stand on her own, but I definitely think they need to have plans for eventual crossovers.  Do you think she should suit up alongside Arrow, Flash, and the rest?

Fox has announced a new X-Men spinoff movie, The New Mutants.  Are you excited?

D.C. is releasing a lot of stuff about Legends of Tomorrow.  Are you interested?  I admit, I’m curious, but at least 2 things are holding me back:  I’ve only watched Constantine of the DC TV shows (which means a lot of catch-up to do), and I don’t think I have space for a second multi-series TV shared universe after Marvel.

AMC’s Preacher is now in production.  Are you interested?

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment