Saturday, September 17, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 9/17



Another week, and more MCU news!  Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comes back this week, Luke Cage is just another 2 weeks away, and Doctor Strange will be out before you know it, too!  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First up for this week is a look back at Ant-Man.  Have you had any new thoughts about Ant-Man since it came out?

Next is my expectations for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4.  I am really excited to see what vigilante-Quake and Ghost Rider will bring to the table for this show!

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

So apparently the originally-rumored runtime of 130 minutes for Doctor Strange is incorrect according to Scott Derrickson.  Of course he didn’t elaborate with a correct runtime…

Taika Waititi will neither confirm nor deny that Doctor Strange will make an appearance in Thor: Ragnarok.  I think it would be really cool to see the Master of the Mystic Arts give Thor and Loki a hand in averting Ragnarok.

Taika Waititi is open to the possibility of returning for Thor 4 now that he’s partway through filming Thor: Ragnarok.  Personally, I’d love to see another Thor movie after this one (three words:  “Beta Ray Bill”), but I’d like to see this one before handing Waititi the reins for the next one!

It sounds like the Russo Brothers are very open to the possibility of including Marvel TV characters (specifically the Netflix heroes) in the Infinity War movies, though there is still the question of logistics since The Defenders is currently filming, and so is Avengers: Infinity War.

Here is an awesome new poster for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4:
Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com

What do you think of the Ghost Rider effects for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?  Here is a still of Ghost Rider himself, and here is a promo video showing the car in motion.
Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com
I was concerned about how it would look on a TV budget, but it definitely looks better than I was expecting.  The car looks great in motion, and the Ghost Rider himself is growing on me.

Ben Barnes, known for his role as Caspian in The Chronicles of Narnia, has reportedly been cast as a villain named Bobby Saint in The Punisher.  I more-or-less despised Prince Caspian (so much so that I never saw Voyage of the Dawn Treader), but I do remember Caspian being a bright spot—or at least not a glaring problem!

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Despite rumors to the contrary, it appears that Jared Leto’s Joker will not be appearing in Justice League.  I don’t think that necessarily means that he’s done in the role; Justice League will probably be a packed movie as it is (not that that’s stopped DC in the past…).  Did you like his performance?

Henry Cavill’s manager is confirming that Man of Steel 2 is in active development.  And in other news, water is wet.  This news doesn’t surprise me at all; it doesn’t disappoint me, either.  However, I do want to see Superman’s death given some sort of longer-term consequences.  As such, I’ve stated before that my preference for a Man of Steel/Batman v. Superman follow-up would be an adaptation of the “Reign of the Supermen” story arc, in which, following Superman’s death, four different “Supermen” appear in Metropolis, each representing a specific element of Superman’s identity.  The arc concludes with one revealed as a villain, one killed stopping him, the final two adopting new heroic identities, and Superman returning from the dead.  Obviously they wouldn’t do exactly that; my guess is that they would cut a couple of the Supermen out and have the Cyborg Superman and Steel duke it out until the timely intervention of a resurrected Superman.  It doesn’t look like this is what they are doing (Superman is already going to be in Justice League), which is kind of disappointing.  But considering how DC butchered Superman’s death, can we expect much different for his resurrection?

So apparently Harley Quinn was so well received in Suicide Squad that she’s getting her own spinoff movie.

How on earth is Fifty Shades Darker more anticipated than Star Wars: The Force Awakens was????  And how on earth are these books/movies so popular??????

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment