Saturday, June 3, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for June 3



Another week, and more MCU news!  Not much to talk about this week, though Wonder Woman is now out.  I haven’t seen it yet, but it’s on my to-do list.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

This week’s only article gives my ideas about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5.  Next week I’m planning to start reviewing non-MCU Marvel movies, beginning with the Spider-Man movies since Spider-Man: Homecoming will be out in about a month.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

King Agon and Queen Rynda (Black Bolt and Maximus’ parents) will appear in 3 episodes of Inhumans.  I’m curious the role they will play.  In the comics Maximus invites a Kree invasion which Black Bolt prevents at the cost of his parents’ lives.  Might we see something like that?

According to one of the episode directors, The Punisher will air in November. That’s a pretty big slip to let it out this way.  If we never hear from him again, its probably because the Marvel snipers got to him!

What are you most excited for from D23?  Honestly, I think I’m most interested in news from Marvel TV.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

So this article asks why Venom isn’t in the MCU.  Answer:  Because Sony will never tire of burning money.  I think from now on, instead of calling it the “SMU” (Sony Marvel Universe), I’m going to refer to it as the “SMH.”

How sad is it that Wonder Woman being certified “fresh” on Rotten Tomatoes is cause for major celebration?  Of course, it’s even better than “fresh” at the moment; 92% puts it in the upper echelon of comic book movies, but considering that the next-best DCEU movie on the site is Man of Steel, which is sitting pretty at a rotten 55%, just being fresh would be a nice change of pace for the DCEU!

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment