Saturday, August 19, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for August 19



Another week, and more MCU news!  The Defenders arrived on Netflix yesterday, but I still haven’t seen any of it.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

Here is my Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance review.

Here are my expectations for The Defenders.  Check back between now and Monday for my non-spoiler review of it.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

The Defenders is now out.

Daredevil season 3 will reportedly begin filming in October.

Two new characters have been announced for Cloak and Dagger:

Pastor Francis Diaz (possibly a take on comic book character Father Francis Xavier Delgado), a prep school chaplain and counselor who struggles with celibacy and mentors “Travis” (I assume that’s Ty)
Detective Bailey Callahan (Brigid O’Reilly?), a Louisiana detective

There’s more detail at the link, but for right now the new character I’m most interested in is Pastor Diaz.  Marvel did a great job with Father Lantom on Netflix, so hopefully they do a good job with this character.  But the whole “struggles with celibacy” has me really, really nervous…

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Let’s put all the “will he, won’t he” Batfleck speculation to rest until something official comes out.

Lucasfilm is developing an Obi Wan Kenobi anthology film.  I assume it will be set between Episode III and Obi Wan’s appearance at the end of Star Wars Rebels season 3, dealing with his time in isolation on Tatooine.  We know a little about that time, that he was protecting the Lars family from a distance, but it would be fun to see more.  What do you want to see from this movie?

Are you going to check out this deal from MoviePass?  As long as AMC doesn’t pull out (there aren’t a ton of theaters in my area), I would at least be interested.  We want to see more movies that we actually do see, and this would be a way to do it more economically.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment