Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “Afterlife” (2x16) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “One of Us”?
Through flashbacks we saw what Bobbi, Hartley, Mack, and Gonzales were up to on the day that S.H.I.E.L.D. fell. In the present, Bobbi stole Fury’s Toolbox after fighting with May, though Simmons managed to trick and stun her. Gonzales’ team gassed the Playground, breached one of the walls (nearly killing Fitz but for Mack’s intervention), and captured all of Coulson’s agents except Hunter and May. Gordon visited Skye at her cabin (called “the Retreat” and “the house that Banner built” at different times) and explained more of how her powers work before offering to take her away somewhere to learn to control her powers. Skye remained at the Retreat and experimented a bit with her powers before being warned by May that Gonzales was sending a team to capture (or kill) her.
|Video Courtesy www.twitter.com/AgentsofSHIELD|
Skye fought off one STRIKE member before Calderon tried to shoot her. Skye instinctively deflected the bullet, knocked Bobbi (who was on the assault team) and Calderon back, leveled the forest, and impaled Calderon through the shoulder with a tree limb. On seeing what had happened, Skye called for Gordon, who teleported in and whisked her away. Meanwhile, May got Coulson out of Gonzales’ hands, and Coulson met up with Hunter to start working on their plans to save S.H.I.E.L.D.
Episode Synopsis for “Love in the Time of Hydra”:
“As Robert Gonzales makes his move, Coulson must do whatever it takes to protect the future of S.H.I.E.L.D. Meanwhile, Skye's journey to control her powers takes a surprising turn when she meets the enigmatic Inhuman named Lincoln.”
Continuing plot points:
- Skye learning to use her powers with assistance from The Inhumans
- The “Real S.H.I.E.L.D.” vs. Coulson and Hunter
- The impending tie-in between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Avengers: Age of Ultron
- So what are Ward and 33 up to?
What I am looking for tonight:
- Skye experimenting further with her powers under the direction of Lincoln and/or Gordon
- Learning a lot more about the Inhumans as Skye is introduced into their culture
- Coulson and Hunter searching for Skye to use her powers as part of their plan to resist Gonzales’ takeover of their S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Gonzales, Bobbi, Mack, and Weaver trying to seduce/tempt Fitz and Simmons into joining their side in the S.H.I.E.L.D.-vs.-S.H.I.E.L.D. conflict
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Skye meets the leader of this small group of Inhumans, who turns out to be… Crystal!
|Image Courtesy en.wikipedia.org|
This would be setting up a Royal Family reveal around the end of the season.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”