Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 2, Episode 18, "The Frenemy of My Enemy" EXPECTATIONS


Image Courtesy
www.twitter.com/AgentsofShield

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “The Frenemy of My Enemy” (2x18) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific.  What do we expect from tonight's episode?


What happened in the last episode, “Melinda”?
We learned the full story of May’s transformation into “The Cavalry” in Bahrain.  She fought an Inhuman mother with super strength and her daughter who had the ability to control people by leaching off their emotions.  In the present, May and Simmons discovered that Coulson was lying to them and hiding a massive building and recruiting project from them.  May is now growing suspicious of Coulson and his motivations.  Meanwhile, Skye was in Afterlife practicing with her powers and learning to control them under the tutelage of Jiaying, who revealed herself to be Skye’s mother.  Finally, one of Raina’s true powers revealed itself:  Clairvoyance.

Episode Synopsis for “The Frenemy of My Enemy”:
“A dangerous new alliance is formed as Coulson and Hunter turn to the last person anyone would expect – Grant Ward! As the war between S.H.I.E.L.D. factions continues, Skye and Lincoln will find themselves drawn into this conflict.”

Continuing plot points:

  • Skye’s powers and the Inhumans
  • The “Real S.H.I.E.L.D.”/“S.H.I.E.L.D.” conflict
  • Hydra vs. the S.H.I.E.L.D.s
  • So what is Ward up to?
  • The impending tie-in between Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and The Avengers: Age of Ultron


What I am looking for tonight:

  • May and Simmons to decide their loyalties
  • Fitz to meet up with Coulson and Hunter
  • A lot of anger and fighting when Coulson’s group comes into contact with Ward
  • At the end of the episode, all the pieces will be in place for Coulson’s team to make an assault on Liszt/von Strucker’s base


What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Deathlok and Ward come to blows at least once and we get a massive superpowered fight out of it.

So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode?  What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment