Saturday, December 10, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 12/10



Another week, and more MCU news!  Easily the biggest news this week is the Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

Only two articles for this week:  expectations and review for the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. midseason finale, “The Laws of Inferno Dynamics.”  It was a short half-season, but at least they’re giving us Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot to tide us over.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Well that escalated quickly:  no sooner have the Spider-Man Homecoming trailers been released than Sony announced the sequel for July 2019.  Umm… spoilers?

Luke Cage has officially been renewed for season 2!

Here is a little more news about the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot.  Apparently it will take place before season 4, and each of the 6 episodes will be 3-6 minutes long, or a total of 18-36 minutes.  That should be easy to fit in on Tuesday night!  Here is the synopsis:

Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot takes place shortly before the beginning of Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4. The digital series features Elena "Yo-Yo" Rodriguez, an Inhuman with the ability to move at super-speed. As a person with powers, she must sign the Sokovia Accords. However, the restrictions of the Accords are in direct conflict with a personal mission she's desperate to fulfill, one that will test her abilities and will include tense encounters with S.H.I.E.L.D. team members.

As usual I will publish expectations on Tuesday morning and then publish a review of the miniseries some time Wednesday or Thursday.  Or at least that’s the plan.

The Inhumans has its first showrunner in Scott Buck, who is also showrunner for Iron Fist.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

This seems like a brilliant move:  R.L. Stine writing Man-Thing.

So it sounds like not only will Rogue One: A Star Wars Story not be a franchise, but we probably won’t see any of the characters again.  I can’t say I’m terribly surprised, though I think they should have waited until after the movie came out to say so.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment