|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues to impress this season, as the team races to leave the Framework before AIDA finishes constructing her new body and no longer needs the Framework. In many ways, this episode’s focus is primarily on setup and not on telling its own story, but at this point in the season that’s not the worst thing. It does a great job of setting up what is going to happen in the next two episodes.
- I like the update on the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents outside the Framework. Too bad they didn’t give us more of those. It would have been a good way to get to know other characters.
- Mack recognizing that the other world wasn’t real was really good
- Fitz realizing everything he did and that he actually wanted to do all those things—great character moment, and one that I have been expecting ever since we saw what AIDA had turned him into
- It was surprising to see AIDA/Ophelia display Darkhold powers, but in retrospect I should have seen it coming
- Was Radcliffe’s plan all along to bring Fitz to the backdoor for the express purpose of throwing him into it? If so, I’ve got to give him credit: he made a lot of mistakes, but his care for Fitz this season was not an act.
- Showing AIDA’s human body being built was cool the first time they showed it, but it didn’t seem particularly necessary afterward. No one ever tried to intervene, and she left the Framework about the same time as the others, so there wasn’t much point to it.
- I was kind of expecting Mack to stay in the Framework. However, I’m worried that this will just be a fake-out meant to give next week’s episode false stakes. Honestly, at this point I’d rather if they had just gotten him out at the same time as the others.
Things to Watch For:
- AIDA stands for “Artificially-Intelligent Digital Assistant”
- Is Mack going to leave the Framework ever? If he does, it will be because Daisy and Yo-Yo go in after him: Yo-Yo to convince him to leave, Daisy to get them out through the backdoor.
- What is going to happen to those who are in the Framework now?
- AIDA’s Darkhold powers definitely give Ghost Rider a reason to return
Next week’s episode will be the second-to-last of the season, and hopefully we will find out soon whether or not Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to be renewed for its fifth season. I would also like to find out that Ghost Rider is getting his own series, but that may not happen until after the season finale, in which he is confirmed to appear.
What was your favorite part of this episode? Do you think Mack will leave the Framework? Let me know in the comments!