Saturday, May 27, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for May 27



Another week, and more MCU news!  This week is a bit light since Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is already out and Spider-Man: Homecoming is still over a month away, but we did get a new trailer for the latter.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First up for this week of no reviews, my thoughts on what’s up next for Iron Fist.

Continuing the trend, here are my thoughts on what’s next in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 5.  Next week I will have my “pitch” for what season 5 can/should look like, but for now what do you want to see next season?

Finally, here’s my introduction to the original Guardians of the Galaxy team.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

So here is the third Spider-Man: Homecoming trailer.  It looks pretty awesome.  I think my favorite line might be the last one of the trailer!

Billy Gierhart, who has directed several episodes of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., is directing the Inhumans season finale.  Do I smell crossover potential?

So according to this report, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will have a straight run of 22 episodes starting January 2018, with no breaks.  I really hope the “no breaks” is an exaggeration; considering that it’s going to be on Friday nights, I’d kinda like for them to take Good Friday (March 30) off…  Likewise, it would only make sense for them to take a couple of other weeks off, say February 16 (Black Panther’s U.S. release date) and May 4 (Avengers: Infinity War’s U.S. release date)—otherwise they would be competing with their own film studio.  Of course, this puts the series into June when it will wrap up (without breaks), so I’m expecting a double-episode or two in there somewhere (maybe first and last).  I’ll have some more thoughts on this next Tuesday.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

So you know how Rosario Dawson’s Claire Temple serves as the bridge connecting all the Marvel Netflix shows?  Well, it looks like she’s going to do that for the Marvel and X-Men universes, too, as she is in talks to join the cast of New Mutants.  (Obviously her character won’t be the same as Claire Temple, and obviously this movie won’t be in the MCU, but it still falls into the category of wouldn’t it be cool if…?)

So Sony really is serious about their non-MCU Spider-Man movies?  After last week’s news about Venom, this week brought news about the Silver Sable/Black Cat movie, now titled Silver and Black and directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood.  Honestly, I find very little to be encouraged by in any of this news.

Wow.  Zack Snyder decided to step away from Justice League due to a family tragedy.  Joss Whedon will replace him.  He and his family definitely need prayers.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment