|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Marvel’s Inhumans continues tonight with “Divide and Conquer” (1x03) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the pilot episodes?
Maximus took over Attilan, and the Royal Family fled to Earth. A NASA (-ish) technician saw a rover destroyed by a hoof and connected it to a series of energy surges from the same origin point (Attilan) that ended in Hawaii. Crystal is under house arrest, Lockjaw is out of commission (temporarily), Gorgon is waiting for Maximus to send people after him, Karnak’s powers are on the fritz because of a head injury, Triton is still MIA, Medusa is on the run, and Black Bolt is in jail.
Episode Synopsis for “Divide and Conquer”:
After fleeing their home, The Inhumans desperately search for each other in the wake of Maximus’ coup. Now they must learn who they can trust on Earth.
Continuing plot points:
- The Royal Family is on the run
- Maximus establishing his control over Attilan
- Maximus’ intent to invade Earth
- The NuHumans
What I am looking for tonight:
- It looks like tonight is when Maximus will send people after the Royal Family, so I am expecting some awesome super-powered fight sequences
- I hope they aren’t going to draw out the mystery of Triton’s “death” too long
- Attilan’s secret may come out: the rover controller might discover them
- I hope that they will start to establish more why we should root for the “elitist” Royal Family instead of the “populist” Maximus
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Someone recognizable arrives at the sight of a “disturbance” to find the Inhumans in the middle of a knock-down brawl. Maybe it will be Deathlok, now working directly for the UN Task Force enforcing the Accords.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”