Saturday, August 20, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 8/20



Another week, and more MCU news!  A bunch of little bits of news for everything, along with the major bomb that The Runaways is coming to Hulu.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

With last week’s rumor of White Tiger getting her own Netflix show, here are my thoughts on the prospect.  Are you excited?

I finally reviewed Big Hero 6.  Did you like it?

Here is a somewhat-new idea for how Cloak and Dagger could work on Freeform.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Who do you think James Gunn’s other Guardian was going to be in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2?

Zendaya is playing Mary Jane Watson in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

The Guardians of the Galaxy are going to be in Avengers: Infinity War according to Vin Diesel.  That kind of falls into the “water is wet” category of major announcements!

The Russo brothers opened up a bit on why they changed the title of Avengers: Infinity War Part 2:  basically, it’s to distinguish it from Avengers: Infinity War.

Are you excited for Ghost Rider on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?  I’m very curious about the effects for Robbie Reyes, considering just how CGI-heavy he needs to be.

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has cast Mallory Jansen as Aida, the first Life-Model Decoy.  I’m curious where this plot is going to go in season 4.  My guess is that they will borrow from the various comic runs that showcase LMDs acting as enhanced S.H.I.E.L.D. agents.

An enterprising Redditor posted a screenshot of the Netflix app showing the page for The Punisher series.  The image shows a release date of 2017 as well as the following synopsis:

After the murder of his family, Frank Castle is both haunted and hunted.  In the criminal underworld, he’ll become known as The Punisher.

Could be legit, but could just as easily be a fake.  If it is indeed coming in 2017, that would make it the first post-The Defenders series (makes sense since there would probably be little casting overlap between the two series) and the third series that year.  Just for that reason, I really hope this is legit!

After that last rumor, there is also a rumor going around that Marvel and Netflix are casting Microchip for The Punisher.  Could that series be entering production sooner than expected?

So here’s a bit of a surprise.  Marvel is looking to expand to Hulu with a Runaways TV series.  Personally, I think it would fit a little better on something like Freeform, even if Freeform is more young adult-oriented.  I am disappointed that it’s on Hulu instead of either a network or Netflix, considering that we already pay for Netflix.  I was working on an article based on my idea for the Runaways.  I will update it and publish it this afternoon.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Do you think this could be why Paramount Pictures is suing Star Trek: Axanar?  The idea of a major studio being so insecure that they don’t think they can compete with a fan film is kind of embarrassing.

Amazon officially greenlit a Jack Ryan-based TV series.  I loved the Jack Ryan books, but I haven’t been a fan of the movies since Patriot Games.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment