Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “4,722 Hours” (3x05) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Devils You Know”?
Coulson teamed up with the A.T.C.U. to go after Lash by tracking down the I.T. guy he used to track down older Inhumans with a computer virus. However, Lash attacked the A.T.C.U. convoy and killed his man before shape-shifting into a regular-looking human. Meanwhile, Hunter went after Ward with help from May, but Ward played his trump card by sending Werner von Strucker to kill Andrew, which he may or may not have accomplished.
Episode Synopsis for “4,722 Hours”:
“After her dramatic rescue from another planet, Simmons is still reeling from her ordeal and reveals how she had to fight for her life in a harsh new world.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new arm
- Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward rebuilding Hydra
- Simmons the disappearing scientist
What I am looking for tonight:
- This will be a very Simmons-centric episode
- We will learn exactly what happened to Simmons on the planet and how she changed
- I also expect that Simmons on the planet won’t be the only thing going on in the episode. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. hasn’t used too many “flashback episodes,” but none of the ones it has used have taken place exclusively in the past; there is always some connection to the present. For example, Whitehall’s background is premised as a conversation between him and Ward and Cal (“The Things We Bury,” 2x08). The Bahrain reveal is set as both May’s memories of the event and Jiaying’s explanation of them to Daisy (“Melinda,” 2x17). This episode may have less of the present-day plots, but I don’t think they will be missing completely.
- We will also find out where Hunter’s story will be going now
- I highly doubt that they will drag out the reveal of whether or not Andrew was killed—and if he wasn’t, what happened in the bodega
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Simmons will reveal some sort of wild and crazy superpowers. It can be pretty much anything; any sort of ability would be awesome!
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”