|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agent Carter returns tonight with “The Atomic Job” (2x05) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Smoke and Mirrors”?
Through flashbacks we learn about Peggy’s and Whitney’s backgrounds: both of them wanted to enter professions which were barred to them as women, and both of them had to fight to eventually receive an opportunity. What set Peggy apart was that her brother was on her side.
In the present, Peggy and Jarvis attempt to get to the bottom of the Arena Club conspiracy by kidnapping the hitman that tried to kill Peggy. Peggy and Sousa interrogate him and get a few names of the Council members, but are unable to use the information and raid the Arena Club when Vernon Masters blocks their search warrant. Instead, Peggy and Sousa allow the hitman to escape (while wearing a bug) and listen to him talking to Chadwick and Frost. However, they get more than they bargained for when they hear over the bug as Frost absorbs the hitman using Zero Matter (she was practicing this episode).
Episode Synopsis for “The Atomic Job”:
“As Jarvis’ precision and quick-thinking skills are put to the ultimate test, Peggy must find a way to stop an atomic explosion that threatens to destroy all of California.”
Continuing plot points:
- Dottie the proto-Black Widow loose in America
- Whitney Frost as a different kind of foil for Peggy
- Corruption in Hollywood—the Council of Nine (are they connected to Ancient Hydra?)
- Darkforce/Zero Matter—a potential minor tie-in with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Doctor Strange
What I am looking for tonight:
- Peggy undercover at the Arena Club
- Some interesting moments when Peggy comes face-to-face with Hugh Jones, considering that they met in season 1
- More of Frost explaining her powers and experimenting with the Zero Matter
- I’m very curious about the Jarvis side of the episode
- More of Wilkes being torn between the Zero Matter dimension and our dimension
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Frost manages to tear a hole between our dimension and another one, but instead of Zero Matter coming out of the tear, it’s Deadpool!
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”