|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agent Carter returns tonight with “The Edge of Mystery” (2x08) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific and “A Little Song and Dance” (2x09) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episodes?
What happened in the last episodes, “Life of the Party” and Monsters”?
Peggy broke Dottie out of prison so she could help them steal a sample of Zero Matter from Whitney Frost which Wilkes then used to help make himself solid again. However, Dottie was captured by Thompson, who turned her over to Masters, who turned her over to Whitney. Peggy and Jarvis staged a rescue of Dottie, but Whitney and Manfredi used the opportunity to break into Howard’s mansion, abduct Wilkes, and shoot Ana, who is left in critical condition at the end of the episode.
Meanwhile, Whitney demonstrated her powers to the Council, who attempted to subdue her. However, she killed the Council thugs as well as half the Council—including her own husband—and declared herself to be the new leader of the Council.
Episode Synopsis for “The Edge of Mystery”:
“Peggy and Sousa propose a trade with Whitney Frost, while the SSR gets help from Howard Stark that may be the key to eliminating Zero Matter.”
Episode Synopsis for “A Little Song and Dance”:
“Peggy desperately tries to save Dr. Wilkes with a dangerous plan to stop Whitney Frost. But Thompson makes a surprising move that could destroy them all.”
Continuing plot points:
- Dottie the proto-Black Widow loose in America
- Whitney Frost as a different kind of foil for Peggy
- Corruption in Hollywood—the Council of Nine (are they connected to Ancient Hydra?)
- Darkforce/Zero Matter—a potential minor tie-in with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Doctor Strange
What I am looking for tonight:
- Howard will return, and it will be hilarious
- I really want the love triangle(s) resolved tonight
- Wilkes’ intangibility will not be resolved tonight, but I actually think that it will come into play in a big way at some point—that’s too tempting not to use for something!
- Thompson’s “surprising move” will somehow resolve which side he ends up on
- I think that in the end he will fall on Peggy and Sousa’s side
- The scene with Angie in it will be pretty trippy
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Wilkes will somehow do the “Vision thing” of putting his intangible hand through someone and making it partially tangible to knock them out/kill them. That would be a wild payoff to his intangibility!
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”