|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “Failed Experiments” (3x19) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “The Singularity”?
The team raced to rescue Alisha from being turned by Hive, but was too late. Hive and Daisy also transformed James and turned him (he’s now Hellfire but without the chain). Meanwhile Fitz and Simmons went to Romania to track down a scientist whose expertise could hold the key to reversing Hive’s control of the Inhumans. Unfortunately, they are interrupted by Hive and Daisy, who capture the scientist and let them go with a warning (Daisy nearly suffocated Fitz).
Why does Hive want the scientist? Hive wants him to replicate the Kree experiments which created him thousands of years ago.
Episode Synopsis for “Failed Experiments”:
“Coulson and his team race to combat Hive’s control over the Inhumans, as their enemy’s deadly plan for the human race is revealed.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new hand
- Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward/Hive and Malick rebuilding Hydra and recruiting Inhuman drones
- The Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
What I am looking for tonight:
- The Kree are going to show up again, so I do expect to find out exactly why they are on Earth again, how they get here, and the like
- It would be really cool to see a Kree ship on AoS this week
- A better understanding of Hive’s plan for the regular humans
- I think this will be a flashback episode showing Hive’s origin—the Inhumans themselves might be the “failed experiments”
- We will see just how far Daisy is willing to go to keep S.H.I.E.L.D. from stopping Hive’s plans
- S.H.I.E.L.D. is going to recruit some more Secret Warriors sooner or later, and my expectation is that they will add at least someone sooner (even if there haven’t been any announcements to that effect)
- Based on the ending of the last episode, I expect Fitz and Simmons to at least discuss the possibility of leaving S.H.I.E.L.D. in the rearview until everything blows over. Fitz looked like he had keys in his hand when he returned to the hotel room.
- So there’s a movie coming out Friday in the U.S. It’s kind of a big deal. S.H.I.E.L.D. will be tying in to it heavily next week. I’m expecting some sort of lead-in this week.
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Some of the humans on whom Hive and Radcliff experiment in this episode will receive superpowers, and this will serve as something of a lead-in to the AoS/Civil War tie-in next week.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”