Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3 Finale Unanswered Questions


Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com

Last week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season finale brought most of the season’s plots to a satisfying conclusion.  However, the final few minutes also brought to light a number of new plots which look to become significant in a few months when S.H.I.E.L.D. returns with its fourth season.  We will have plenty of time to break all of these down over the summer, but for now I just want to lay out what I consider to be the unanswered questions from the finale.  What unanswered questions do we have after the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season finale?

Note that there will definitely be spoilers.



  • Who is the new “Director” to whom Mack and Coulson are reporting?  Are they even still with S.H.I.E.L.D.?
  • What is happening with May (whom we did not see at all in the flash-forward)?
  • What’s the situation with the Inhumans—Yo-Yo, Joey, and James?  Was Hive’s control broken by his death?  Are all three of them still with S.H.I.E.L.D./the Secret Warriors?  Do either of those entities still exist?
  • It seems like a pretty safe bet that Daisy walked away from S.H.I.E.L.D. because of Lincoln’s death.  Did this happen right away?  What has she been doing since then?  Coulson’s board seems to suggest that she’s been acting as a superhero or something since then, but it’s certainly not a guarantee.
  • Why did Fitz and Simmons leave S.H.I.E.L.D.—or did they leave S.H.I.E.L.D.?  Is Radcliff actually working for S.H.I.E.L.D. now?
  • What on earth did Radcliff create?  Is it just a Life-Model Decoy?  Is it going to become an android (like Vision)?
  • Minor question:  What’s going to happen with Charles’ wife and daughter now?  Daisy seemed to be introducing them to Cal, so might he be coming back next season?  And is Robin going to be exposed to Terrigen?
  • Six months after the end of season 3 would probably put us right around the 18-month mark after the initial release of Terrigen into the ecosystem, and if I’m remembering the beginning of season 3 correctly, that’s about when Terrigen was projected to completely cover the planet.  Is that going to become a factor in season 4?


These are the questions I want to see answered.  What questions do you have?  Did I miss any?  Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment