|Image Courtesy en.wikipedia.org|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Uprising” (4x03) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Meet the New Boss”?
Well, we met the new boss, and he is (now officially confirmed to be) Jeffrey Mace, a.k.a. the World War II-era hero known as the Patriot (and the third Captain America). However, he is re-imagined as an Inhuman possessing (at a minimum) super-strength and enhanced durability. Also, May is decidedly the worse for wear due to her encounter with a “ghost.” The “ghosts” are all free and now searching for the person who turned them into ghosts in the first place. Or at least, all of them except the one who got burned back to Hell by Ghost Rider.
Episode Synopsis for “Uprising”:
Coulson, Mack and Fitz try to locate and neutralize a rogue group looking to stop Inhuman Registration worldwide; Simmons and Dr. Radcliffe have only a short time to save May before she succumbs to her illness.
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Daisy off on her own; the team is trying to bring her in
- May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- Who is Robbie Reyes?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- I am expecting the doors to get blown off the hinges as far as the Inhumans are concerned. The rogue group trying to stop Inhuman registration will probably be a bunch of Inhumans, they will be powerful, and they will offer a new connection to Inhuman lore.
- Simmons and Radcliffe will figure out how to save May
- I think AIDA will prove instrumental in stopping the ghosts: she looks human but cannot be affected by them
- We will get a whole bunch of back story on Robbie Reyes
- Now that the Director’s identity has been confirmed, I don’t think they’ll waste much time answering the question of where his loyalties lie
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
The group trying to stop Inhuman Registration is none other than Attilan’s Royal Guard, led by Karnak and Crystal.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”