|Image Courtesy en.wikipedia.org|
Sorry for not posting a Luke Cage review yesterday. Unfortunately while I was in the middle of writing the review my computer died! So that is going to change my publishing schedule (among other things) quite a bit until I get that situation resolved.
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “The Good Samaritan” (4x06) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Lockup”?
S.H.I.E.L.D. went to prison to place Eli Morrow into protective custody, but Robbie accidentally lost his uncle when he stopped to settle his score with the sole remaining Fifth Street Loco and Eli was taken prisoner by Lucy. Daisy fought off a small (but dedicated) army of Watchdogs until May and Coulson rescued her. Also, Simmons nearly failed her polygraph before blackmailing Mace into giving her a free pass. Finally, Mace announced to the American people that he is an Inhuman.
Episode Synopsis for “The Good Samaritan”:
The shocking origin story of Robbie’s transition into Ghost Rider is revealed as the lives of Coulson and the team hang in the balance.
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Daisy off on her own; the team is trying to bring her in
- May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- Who is Robbie Reyes?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- Ghost Rider’s origin story will be awesome
- Mace is going to confront Coulson about working with vigilantes, but Coulson will remind him that that’s kind of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s thing (c.f. The Avengers)
- We may discover what “deal” Senator Nadeer extorted out of Mace last week, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they hold that back another week or so
- The ramifications of Mace being an Inhuman (publicly) will need to be explored in depth over the next couple episodes
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
It would be pretty awesome if they throw in the Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider as part of Robbie’s origin story. He does play a small role in the comic book version, so it would make sense.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”