|Image Courtesy en.wikipedia.org|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Deals with Our Devils” (4x07) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “The Good Samaritan”?
Mace sends Simmons off to work with Senator Nadeer before going off to hunt for Daisy and Robbie on the Zephyr. He finds them and gets into a brawl with Robbie. The team then goes to confront Lucy and rescue Eli in an abandoned Roxxon power plant, only to discover that Eli was actually the mastermind who imprisoned the other “ghosts.” Eli unleashes the power of the Darkhold, and Coulson, Fitz, and Robbie are caught up in it.
Note: Doctor Strange also came out since the last episode.
Episode Synopsis for “Deals with Our Devils”:
“With the loss of half the team, the remaining members search for answers as the clock counts down for Ghost Rider”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Daisy off on her own; the team is trying to bring her in
- May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- Who is Robbie Reyes?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- They won’t keep us guessing for too long as far as what happened to Fitz, Coulson, and Robbie
- We should get some answers as far as what Simmons is doing for Senator Nadeer
- Some possible tie-in with Doctor Strange
- Note: if you haven’t seen the movie yet and are worried about spoilers tonight, I will be sure to let you know up front in my review tomorrow whether or not there are any major spoilers in the episode
- We probably won’t be 100% certain of Mace’s loyalties/character until the midseason finale next week—and even then maybe not entirely
- Eli will not be stopped in this episode; I expect it to end in a worse position than it starts to set up the midseason finale
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Doctor Strange himself shows up to help S.H.I.E.L.D. figure everything out because it turns out that they are all in 2 different dimensions.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”