Saturday, November 5, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 11/5



Another week, and more MCU news!  Doctor Strange is out, and there's a lot going on with The Defenders, which is now shooting.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

Unfortunately, this was a really bad week for me in terms of posting.  I didn’t post a Luke Cage review on Monday because my computer motherboard fried on Sunday night.  I didn’t post a review of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because I was so busy getting my new computer set up and also made a research trip Thursday – today.  I didn’t even publish expectations for Doctor Strange… or even see it yet.  The only article this week is expectations for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 4, episode 6, “The Good Samaritan.”  I’m going to see Doctor Strange for my birthday on Monday, so I will post expectations on Sunday.  We have a few weeks before Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns, so I will get that review done before then.  There won’t be a lot of “extra” stuff for the next few months since I am really buckling down to get my Masters of Sacred Theology Thesis written as quickly as possible (my research trip also involved receiving departmental approval for the Thesis topic), but I will at least get in reviews.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Spider-Man: Homecoming will receive a “Prelude” comic 2 weeks before release.

According to Kevin Feige, we can expect a lot more “unexpected team-ups” moving into Phase 4.  That’s something I kind of expected, but it’s good to hear that one of the biggest selling points of a “Cinematic Universe” like this is going to be realized.

Aaron Taylor-Johnson is up for a return as Quicksilver (honestly, who wouldn’t be interested in cashing another Marvel check?), but does not know of any current plans to bring him back.  There are about a million ways it could happen; all they need to do is pick one.

According to Kevin Feige, The Inhumans movie is happening “for sure,” but he doesn’t give a definite time frame on it.  But he does still sound interested in it, so at least there’s that.

The cast of The Defenders just keeps on growing, with first Karen and Misty, then Foggy, Jeri, and Malcolm, and finally Claire, Stick, and Trish all confirmed this week to appear.  And if that’s not enough, so is Colleen Wing.  I’m really hoping for Trish to become Hellcat sooner than later, but I don’t think it will happen here; I expect them to save that for Jessica Jones season 2.  But you never know…

Would you like to see a Jeremy Renner-led Hawkeye Netflix series?  I know I would!

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

 So in a rare case of Marvel/DC cooperation, the next trailer for Wonder Woman is attached to Doctor Strange.  I haven't seen it yet (I'm waiting to see it in the theater), but what do you think of it?

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment