|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Marvel’s latest offering, Daredevil, is being released in bulk on Netflix today, and I think everyone is excited to see it! Remember, you need to have Netflix to watch it, and if you’re worried about the expense, you can sign up for a free month and then cancel at any time. So what do we expect from the series?
Synopsis for Daredevil:
Marvel’s first Netflix series, Daredevil follows the exploits of Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox), a blind lawyer whose other senses are superhumanly enhanced, which helps him fight crime in Hell’s Kitchen, New York. The origin story is the first step is an expansion of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and is being positioned as a means of setting up a Defenders series down the road.
Expected season-long plot points:
- Matt Murdock’s Origin Story
- Wilson Fisk’s Origin Story
- Building blocks being laid for future Marvel Netflix TV series, specifically A.K.A. Jessica Jones—the next to be released—and The Defenders—the team-up
What I am looking for in the season:
- A couple episodes focused on each of the characters, especially Matt Murdock/Daredevil and Wilson Fisk/Kingpin
- Matt Murdock working to keep his secret identity
- Matt Murdock’s legal practice interfering with his crime fighting and vice versa
- A couple of different suit and weapon options being tested out before Matt settles on the red with horns and custom billy club in one of the last two episodes
- Kingpin is set up as a long-term villain for the Defenders, as well as for Spider-Man
- And on that note, groundwork being laid for Spider-Man’s MCU debut
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Iron Man drops out of the sky to have coffee with Matt Murdock and Foggy Nelson. Alternatively, Steve Rogers stops by to ask for help with a landlord that evicted him.
So what are you looking for in Daredevil season 1? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.” Since the entire season is being released at once, my plan right now is to publish a Daredevil review every Monday (that day is free so far). If you want to see reviews more frequently, let me know in the comments and I will see about publishing them sooner.