|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agent Carter returns tonight with “Life of the Party” (2x06) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific and “Monsters” (2x07) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. This is the first of back-to-back double-features, as next week we will also get 2 new episodes so Agent Carter can finish its run before Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns on March 8. What do we expect from tonight's episodes?
What happened in the last episode, “The Atomic Job”?
Peggy, Jarvis, Sousa, Rose, and Samberly have to break into a Roxxon facility to disarm several nuclear bombs before Whitney and her hired help can steal them and use them to replicate the nuclear explosion that brought Zero Matter to our dimension the first time.
Episode Synopsis for “Life of the Party”:
“When Peggy realizes she cannot save Wilkes on her own, she turns to her most unexpected adversary for help while Whitney makes a move to control the deadly Zero Matter”
Episode Synopsis for “Monsters”:
“As Peggy plots a rescue mission, Whitney hunts for even more dark power; and Jarvis learns he should not make promises he cannot keep”
Continuing plot points:
- Dottie the proto-Black Widow loose in America
- Whitney Frost as a different kind of foil for Peggy
- Corruption in Hollywood—the Council of Nine (are they connected to Ancient Hydra?)
- Darkforce/Zero Matter—a potential minor tie-in with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Doctor Strange
What I am looking for tonight:
- Peggy and Dottie have to work together… hijinks ensue
- Things get very interesting for Sousa and Violet
- Further exploration of just how Whitney is a foil for Peggy
- Whitney will have a confrontation with the Council at some point in these two episodes
- I do not think that Wilkes is gone for good, but I do think they will have trouble making him visible again without Howard
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Peggy gets transported through Zero Matter into the Zero Matter Dimension and gets to explore the dimension in the final 3 episodes of the season.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
Note: I have a meeting tonight (second week in a row), and since there are 2 episodes tonight I will not be able to watch and review everything tonight. I also will be busy tomorrow (it's Lent and I'm a pastor, after all!), so I won't be able to watch tonight's episodes until Thursday. So expect my review on Friday morning.
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”