Saturday, February 13, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 2/13



Another week, and more MCU news!  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Star Wars: Episode VIII both began filming this week, and Deadpool opened in theaters.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!

Before I go any further, I just want to say that I am not going to see or review the Deadpool movie until it is out on DVD.  I have heard from people who have seen it and think that it is an amazing movie and very true to the character.  However, the things that make it rated “R” (specifically sexual content) is a little over the top for me.  If it were just violence, language, and implied sexual content, I would probably be fine with it; as it is, I’m going to wait until it’s out on DVD so I can fast-forward through the 12 minutes of straight-up sex!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First up is my review of Jessica Jones season 1, episode 11, “AKA I’ve Got the Blues.”  Only 2 episodes left, and then it will be time to start talking Daredevil season 2 in earnest!

Next, expectations and review of Agent Carter season 2, episode 5, “The Atomic Job.”  Remember, next week is a double-feature, so don’t leave after the first half!

Finally, my thoughts on why Marvel’s Civil War needs to be BIGGER than Captain America: Civil War.  Come back next Thursday for the continuation of this series!

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

According to Anthony Mackie, Captain America: Civil War will fall into the genre of a “suspense thriller” based on the different factions involved in the buildup to the fight.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has officially started production!

According to James Gunn, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will not focus on Thanos or the Infinity Stones.  While I'm a little surprised, I guess that's to be expected:  Marvel is looking to Guardians of the Galaxy to take the MCU cosmic, and if Thanos is the only cosmic threat out there, then there won't be anything left to do after Infinity War.

This article has potential spoilers, but the rumor suggests that Heimdall will have a greater role in Thor: Ragnarok, which would definitely be a good thing.

Since Hayley Atwell has been cast in the ABC drama Conviction, ScreenRant is asking if Agent Carter is going to get a season 3.  If it doesn’t, I think it will be a real shame.  However, I do think it would be possible for Atwell to film a 10-episode Agent Carter season around the schedule of a 22-episode full-length TV season.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

With Daredevil season 2 coming out next month and introducing the Punisher, Marvel has decided to capitalize with a new Daredevil/Punisher comic book.

According to Ryan Reynolds, X-Force is a big part of Deadpool’s future, assuming that Deadpool is a success.  And at this point in opening weekend it definitely looks like it will be a success...

FOX has reportedly greenlit a Deadpool sequel, and Cable is going to be in it!

Evidently the producers of Star Wars: The Force Awakens are facing a lawsuit over Harrison Ford’s broken leg.  It sounds like this is based on worker safety, rather than Harrison Ford not having enough money to fix a broken leg (I think he made enough money for that in the first hour of filming!).

Star Wars Episode VIII has officially started filming.  So is this the "Duel of the Space Operas"?

Disney CEO Bob Iger confirmed Han Solo for a May 2018 release.

Bryan Fuller is the newly-announced showrunner for the new Star Trek series.  What do you think this one will be about?

If you haven’t gotten enough Harry Potter yet, the stage play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child will have its script published on July 31, this year.  I’m very interested in reading this book.

Well, huh.  I suppose this could be good…

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment