Saturday, September 3, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 9/3



Another week, and more MCU news!  Not a ton of new stuff this week, though Greg Berlanti revealed that he's working on another DCTVU series, this time Black Lightning.  And not to be outdone, Marvel TV announced yet another in-development series in the form of New Warriors.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

This week I reviewed the Marvel Anime movie Avengers Confidential: Black Widow & Punisher.  Not a terrible movie, but not the best.  Have you seen it?

I also concluded my two-parter on potential spinoffs for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.  Which one(s) do you want to see them make?

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

So it looks like Jon Favreau is going to be back as Happy Hogan in Spider-Man: Homecoming.

As if on cue:  this week my Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. spinoffs article (see above) suggests the New Warriors as a possible IP to develop, and before the article is even published, Marvel TV announces that they are working on New Warriors as a 30- minute comedy series.  Not quite the way I would want it (I think I’d prefer a little more serious tone than straight-comedy), but if they do it right it could definitely work.  It sounds like it may not be on ABC, so there’s less chance of direct crossovers between New Warriors and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., but I still think it would be a good idea to connect the two.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Are you excited to see Battfleck face off against Deathstroke in his solo movie?

Greg Berlanti just won’t stop expanding the DCTVU.  Now he’s working on a Black Lightning series.  Are you interested in seeing it?

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment