|Image Courtesy en.wikipedia.org|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Lockup” (4x05) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Let Me Stand Next to Your Fire”?
Daisy and Simmons teamed up to save James from the Watchdogs, only to discover that James is actually the Watchdogs’ inside source. So instead, Coulson and Mack recruited Robbie to help them save Daisy and Simmons from James and the Watchdogs. Following the rescue, Coulson convinced Daisy and Robbie to join S.H.I.E.L.D. in stopping the ghost people and preventing whatever they plan to do with the Darkhold. Meanwhile, Simmons discovered that Fitz and Dr. Radcliffe were working on artificial intelligence when she saw AIDA and instantly deduced that she was an android. Oh, and AIDA also learned the concept of the “white lie.”
Episode Synopsis for “Lockup”:
Robbie Reyes struggles to control The Ghost Rider, S.H.I.E.L.D. infiltrates a high-security prison to unravel the secrets that haunt them all.
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Daisy off on her own; the team is trying to bring her in
- May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- Who is Robbie Reyes?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- So it sounds like we’re going to find out a whole bunch more about exactly how Robbie’s Ghost Rider persona works (though they are saving the origin for next week’s episode)
- Simmons taking the lie-detector test will be a big side-conflict in the episode
- This is actually really big for her character arc, as she began the series incapable of telling a convincing lie, but has spent 3 years learning how to lie
- This could actually be an interesting parallel with AIDA, who is programmed not to lie but last week learned to evade the truth
- Daisy is finally back in the fold at S.H.I.E.L.D.; I’m guessing there will be a bit of tension between her and the others over the whole “leaving them to be a vigilante” thing
- The scene(s) in the prison looks like it will be a good test of Daisy’s powers and control
- Are we ever going to get an answer as to why Daisy is injuring herself with her powers?
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
I’m really not sure for this week. Maybe S.H.I.E.L.D. gets in over their heads in the prison and AIDA has to be sent in to rescue them. I’m pretty sure it’s too early in the season for that, though.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”