Saturday, October 1, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 10/1



Another week, and more MCU news!  There's a new Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Luke Cage came out yesterday, too!  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

So after last week, this week there’s a whole bunch more to talk about.  We can start off with the question of the New S.H.I.E.L.D. Director.  Here are my thoughts from before the episode and then after the episode.  It looks like I was off-base with my initial thoughts.  What do you think of the reveal?

Next, expectations and review for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4, Episode 2, “Meet the Boss.”  What do you think of the season so far?  Remember:  no new episode this week.  Spend the time watching Luke Cage.  Or Civil War.

Speaking of, here are my expectations for Luke Cage.  I will have non-spoiler reviews of the 2 halves of the season up today and either tomorrow or Monday.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

So Winston Duke has been cast as M’Baku, the Man-Ape for Black Panther.  I’m glad they are leaning into the comics instead of pretending they don’t exist.  In general that seems to work a lot better than making wholesale changes.

So Luke Cage is out.  Have you started it yet?  I’m through episode 6 right now.

Simone Missick revealed to The Wrap that Misty Knight will appear in The Defenders.

Cheo Hodari Coker is teasing “Heroes for Hire” for Luke Cage season 2.  My prediction is that Luke Cage and Iron Fist will merge for a single shared “season 2” as Heroes for Hire.

According to Hayley Atwell, there is still a possibility for Agent Carter to be resurrected, even if just as a television movie.  Personally, I would love to see a movie/TV special that would tie up the loose ends from Agent Carter season 2, see her founding S.H.I.E.L.D., connect the dots with Zodiac, and answer the question of “who’s her husband?”  Who’s with me?

We now know at least one writer for The Runaways, which was announced for Hulu over the summer.  Tamara Becher wrote on Iron Fist, and announced on Twitter (in a since-deleted Tweet) that she is now starting to write for The Runaways.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Would you like to see Dr. Alan Grant return to the Jurassic Park franchise for Jurassic World 2?  Sam Neill actually thinks his character might be dead.  Well, that or an accountant in Dayton, OH!

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment