|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “Maveth” (3x10) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Closure”?
Well, Ward straight-up murdered Rosalind right in front of Coulson. Coulson went on the warpath, tracked down Thomas Ward, and used him to keep Ward on the phone long enough to trace his location (which he promptly gave away to Ward himself. Meanwhile, Fitz and Simmons joined Banks and a S.H.I.E.L.D. strike team to investigate the Distant Star Pathfinder base, where Giyera used Banks’ gun to kill everyone except Fitz and Simmons, whom he brought to Hydra. Fitz agreed to help Hydra so they would stop torturing Simmons, and he and Ward went through a portal formed by the five mini-Monoliths, followed by Coulson (who was traveling at terminal velocity after jumping out of a quinjet!
Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. mounted a rescue mission to save Fitz and Simmons, and Acting Director Mack cleared the “Secret Warriors 2.0” (Daisy, Lincoln, and Joey) to go into the field for the fight against Hydra.
Episode Synopsis for “Maveth”:
“S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra go head-to-head in a battle that will change Coulson’s world forever. While Daisy and her team of Inhumans fight to keep Hydra at bay, Coulson and Fitz take the ultimate risk.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new arm
- Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward rebuilding Hydra
- Simmons the disappearing scientist
What I am looking for tonight:
- I’m not sure if Ward or Coulson is going to die, but it wouldn’t surprise me if at least one of those on the other side of the portal does not make it back
- I really think that Maveth/“IT” is going to make it through the portal
- We’ll see a lot of effects-heavy fighting between the Secret Warriors and Hydra
- Hydra may even wake up a few of their Inhumans to join the fight
- I kind of expect this episode to end on a major cliffhanger—perhaps more of one than last episode
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Deathlok flies in at the end of the fight using his new jetpack to turn the tide of the battle.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”