|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “Closure” (3x09) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Many Heads, One Tale”?
S.H.I.E.L.D. discovered that the head of the A.T.C.U.’s Science Division is actually Gideon Malick, whom we know to be a Head of Hydra. As a result, they now realize that Malick has been using the A.T.C.U.’s resources to build an army of new Inhumans. Meanwhile, Ward discovered the von Strucker family vault, which houses the source of Hydra’s true power: a “minilith,” a small piece cut from the monolith. Malick explained to Ward that Hydra was originally founded millennia ago, when an extraordinarily powerful Inhuman was banished through the monolith. Hydra’s true purpose—known only to a select few—has always been to bring this Inhuman (“IT”) back to earth, in the hopes that “IT” will let them rule at his side. To that end, Malick is building an Inhuman army to aid “IT” in the conquest.
Episode Synopsis for “Closure”:
“Ward's campaign for revenge brings the S.H.I.E.L.D. team to their knees, and Coulson proves he will do anything to settle the score.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new arm
- Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward rebuilding Hydra
- Simmons the disappearing scientist
What I am looking for tonight:
- The title suggests that Ward’s history will be a significant element of this episode
- Hydra is going to attack S.H.I.E.L.D.
- I think between this episode and the midseason finale we will get some resolution in terms of the A.T.C.U. and Hydra—will Rosalind be able to purge Hydra from the A.T.C.U.?
- Daisy’s Secret Warriors 2.0 will assemble!
- Coulson’s going to go pretty crazy
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
It would be pretty awesome to see a massive super-powered battle between Daisy’s Secret Warriors and a team of Inhumans coerced into fighting for Hydra. However, they may save the major battle—special effects-wise—for the midseason finale.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”