Saturday, April 15, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for Holy Saturday



Another week, and more MCU news!  So we got the first trailers for both Thor: Ragnarok and Star Wars: The Last Jedi.  And that’s about as much as our little brains could handle!  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First off, here is my review of Colleen Wing’s character from Iron Fist.  Summary:  she’s good.

Next, here were my expectations for this week’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.… which I still haven’t gotten a chance to see.  Hopefully Monday.  And hopefully on Monday we will get the local channel situation resolved.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Here is the first teaser trailer for Thor: Ragnarok.  I’m pretty excited about it, even if it’s my least-anticipated MCU movie of the year (after Spider-Man: Homecoming and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2—but come on, can you really put these 3 in any other order?).

The Punisher season 1 has wrapped filming.  What do you think:  October or December?

So according to Karey Burke, an executive at Freeform, New Warriors is “conceptually tailor-made for spinoffs.”  What else was Burke going to say?  I am very interested to know who else is joining the team with Squirrel Girl, and whether/how they will explain her powers.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Josh Brolin (Thanos) is taking on his second Marvel character, as he has been cast as Cable for Deadpool 2 and 3 other movies.

Here is the first trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi!

According to Kathleen Kennedy, Carrie Fisher will not be incorporated into Episode IX.  I hope they will give her character a meaningful sendoff, whenever it happens.

Jude Law will play young Dumbledore in future Fantastic Beasts movies.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment