|Image Courtesy www.screenrant.com|
Agent Carter concludes is second season tonight with “Hollywood Ending” (2x10) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episodes, “The Edge of Mystery” and “A Little Song and Dance”?
Peggy and her team try to stop Whitney and Wilkes from reopening the Zero Matter rift while Jarvis attempts to cope with what happened to Ana at the end of the previous set of episodes. Unfortunately, Whitney and Wilkes manage to get the uranium rods and recreate the explosion. Samberly, Sousa, and Thompson (who’s now on their side) use a gamma cannon of Howard Stark’s design to close the rift, but Peggy and Jarvis are captured after Jarvis tries to revenge-kill Whitney. They escape and make their way back to L.A., where they all work together with Masters against Whitney. However, Thompson double-crosses Masters and has Samberly reconfigure the cannon into a bomb.
Wilkes absorbed a massive amount of Zero Matter when he was sucked into the rift, and the episode ends with him exploding Zero Matter all over the room while Whitney tortures Masters.
Episode Synopsis for “Hollywood Ending”:
“Peggy needs Howard Stark to eliminate Zero Matter as they are faced with a mission none of them could come back from”
Continuing plot points:
- Dottie the proto-Black Widow loose in America
- Whitney Frost as a different kind of foil for Peggy
- Corruption in Hollywood—the Council of Nine (are they connected to Ancient Hydra?)
- Darkforce/Zero Matter—a potential minor tie-in with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Doctor Strange
What I am looking for tonight:
- Howard will be back for the conclusion of the season (hopefully not of the series)
- Masters is dead. There’s no question there.
- I’m pretty sure that when Wilkes burst at the end of the last episode, it killed him, so my guess is that Peggy and Sousa will wind up together
- Whitney will be killed at the end of the season
- Peggy will return to New York
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Howard returns from South America with none other than Doctor Strange in tow, and Doctor Strange does the honors of sucking the Zero Matter out of Whitney Frost and returning it to the Zero Matter dimension before Peggy faces off against a now-depowered Whitney.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”