Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 11, "The Inside Man" EXPECTATIONS



Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “The Inside Man” (3x12) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific.  What do we expect from tonight's episode?


What happened in the last episode, “Bouncing Back”?
S.H.I.E.L.D. responded to a report of a new Inhuman in Colombia, whom they discovered and recruited into the Secret Warriors.  Meanwhile, Hive continued to recover after his millennia alone on Maveth.  Coulson tracked down Malick and took a crack at his company.  Oh, and President Ellis met with Coulson and agreed to semi-legitimize S.H.I.E.L.D. to serve as the black ops arm of the A.T.C.U., which will be the public face of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s handling of the Inhuman situation.

Episode Synopsis for “The Inside Man”:

“Coulson and General Talbot are forced to team up and attend a worldwide symposium on Inhumans, where they suspect Malick has an inside man. As the S.H.I.E.L.D. team gets closer to the truth, an unexpected traitor is revealed.”


Continuing plot points:

  • Coulson’s new hand
  • Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
  • The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
  • Ward/Hive and Malick rebuilding Hydra and recruiting Inhuman drones
  • The Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War


What I am looking for tonight:

  • A clearer understanding of Hive’s abilities (and perhaps his goals)
  • Coulson and Talbot off on a buddy comedy
  • I’m guessing that the traitor will not be revealed in this episode
  • At least a namedrop of the Sokovia Accords as a piece of legislation being discussed by the United Nations in response to the growing superhuman threats


What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
The “international symposium on Inhumans” will reveal an addendum to the Sokovia Accords designed to handle the Inhuman threat

So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode?  What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?

This will be the hundredth episode of MCU TV, so this Friday I will publish my list of the top ten episodes or moments in MCU TV (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Agent Carter, Jessica Jones, Daredevil).  Let me know what your favorite MCU TV moments/episodes are, and they may find their way into the list!

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment