Saturday, March 19, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 3/19



Another week, and more MCU news!  Daredevil season 2 dropped this week, and they've already started the hype-machine for Luke Cage!  Oh, and there's also more Indiana Jones coming our way in a few years.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 3, Episode 12, “The Inside Man” expectations and review.  What did you think of this episode?

I also placed my review of the second episode of Of Kings and Prophets on here.  Are you watching this series?

Here are my expectations for Daredevil season 2, which released yesterday.  Check back later today for my non-spoiler review of the first half of the season!

MCU TV is now 100 episodes old, and here are my Top Ten Moments.  What are your top ten?

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Interestingly, some of the characters who appear in Avengers: Infinity War will not be seen before then.  Who do you want to see?

Semi-MCU news:  the Coulson vs. Carter Lip Sync Battle is scheduled to air on April 21, 2016.

So here are Charlie Cox’s thoughts about Daredevil season 3.  Of course, he starts off with The Punisher as a spinoff series.  Then he gets into the nitty gritty:  Bullseye’s debut and Kingpin’s return.  What do you want to see after season 2?

Here is a new Netflix teaser for Luke Cage, which looks pretty good.  There’s also a new logo for the series.  I’m still only halfway through Daredevil season 2, and I’m already pumped for September!
Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com

Do you want to see Marvel One-Shots return as online content?  Anthony and Joe Russo think it’s definitely possible.  If it means more One-Shots, I’ve got two words for you:  Hell, Yes!

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

A TV series based on Alfred.  Huh.  Why?

Preacher will debut May 22 at 10 PM Eastern Time.  Are you going to watch this series?  I honestly don’t know if I will, even though (or perhaps because) it’s about a preacher and I am a preacher!

Indiana Jones 5 was officially announced this week, with Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg both returning as actor and director, respectively.  The movie is set to release on July 19, 2019 (a week after Harrison Ford’s 77th birthday), which is only a week after The Inhumans is scheduled to be released.  Considering that release dates get shifted around all the time, I really don’t see any reason for concern right now—aside from the last Indiana Jones movie, that is!  But maybe this one will wash the taste of The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull out of our mouths…

So tell me, is hiring one of the writers of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull to write Indiana Jones 5 really conducive to washing the former’s taste out of our mouths?  Eh, maybe it will work out.  I mean, the guy did also work on Jurassic Park

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment