|Image Courtesy www.comic-con.org|
So another San Diego Comic-Con has come and gone. If you recall, last week I posted my expectations for the MCU presentations at Comic-Con. Let’s see how I did! In some ways I was spot-on, but there were a few places I missed.
Last year Marvel Studios didn’t even go to Comic-Con, so there really wasn’t a ton of stuff to report. This year, I think they were trying to make up for lost time, because they gave us a lot of new stuff to talk about!
- We did get a new trailer (here)
- Also a new poster and costumes for Strange, Mordo, and the Ancient One
- Scott Derrickson (director) also talked a little about the Marvel Cinematic “Multiverse” which Doctor Strange is introducing
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- They did show concept art of the new team of Guardians, including Mantis, Nebula, and Yondu
- They also showed concept art of the new Ravagers
- They also announced that Kurt Russell will be playing Ego the Living Planet… who is somehow Star Lord’s father!
- Elizabeth Debicki was also confirmed as Ayesha
- We got a new synopsis for the movie (a short one) and they announced the cast with their characters, though there are still a few mysteries left
- In terms of villains, they showed concept art of Michael Keaton as the Vulture (who has a suit which uses turbines similar to those on the original helicarrier), and there is also a strong rumor that both Tinkerer and Shocker will also appear
- Tony Revolori was confirmed to be playing Flash Thompson. At some point, I really hope he becomes Agent Venom
- They showed pieces of Hulk’s Gladiator armor, seemingly confirming the “Planet Hulk” inspiration of this movie
- They also confirmed both Surtur and Fenris to appear
- It also got a new logo
- Brie Larson was officially announced as Carol Danvers!
- Also, new logo
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
- Not only did they confirm the Robbie Reyes Ghost Rider for season 4, but they showed off the car and announced the actor—Gabriel Luna
- AoS also got a new poster for season 4
- Unfortunately, they did not announce a new Marvel ABC series or show anything for the announced ones or say anything about Cloak and Dagger
- New poster and trailer (here)
- New logo and trailer (here), which confirm the series for next year
- Rosario Dawson was also semi-confirmed to appear in the series
- Joe Quesada also talked about the series and noted that there are more villains in this series than any previous one
- New trailer (here) confirming the series for next year
- Daredevil season 3 was announced!
- DC released trailers for all their upcoming movies (Wonder Woman and Justice League)
- They also showed off costumes and/or concept art for the characters
- Wonder Woman also got a poster
- Ben Affleck was confirmed to direct the solo Batman movie
This isn’t a very detailed list—I probably missed a ton of stuff—but these are my takeaways from Comic-Con. Of all the Marvel stuff, I think the TV announcements are the most exciting for me, though the Captain Marvel announcement is also really high up there.
One thing is for sure: this is a great time to be a fan of comic book movies and TV shows!
Which announcement are you most excited about? What were you really hoping to see and didn’t? Let me know in the comments!