Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Season 4, Episode 11, "Wake Up" EXPECTATIONS



Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Wake Up” (4x11) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific.  What do we expect from tonight's episode?


What happened in the last episode, “The Patriot”?
Coulson and Mack discovered that Mace is actually a regular human who has been receiving a form of steroids based on the Hyde formula from the U.S. Government.

Episode Synopsis for “Wake Up”:

May races to find the truth about what happened to her, while Aida’s next move could mean the death of them all.


Continuing plot points:

  • Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
  • Who is the new Director as a person?  Where do his loyalties lie?  Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)?  Is he another Nick Fury?  Is he working for someone else?
  • May training new recruits—including Inhumans?
  • Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
  • The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
  • Magic and the MCU

What I am looking for tonight:

  • Either May is going to go full-on Terminator now that she knows she is an LMD, or she is going to lock Radcliffe out of her programming and turn against him.  Either way, it’s going to be pretty interesting.
  • I suspect that Radcliffe is going to leak Mace’s secret to the press as a way to turn S.H.I.E.L.D. against one another to make them vulnerable to his plan
  • Coulson and Mace will have a lot of tensions fitting into the new status quo


What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
S.H.I.E.L.D. develops a serum that gives Mace permanent super-strength.  That could happen, but probably not tonight

So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode?  What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?

Sorry this is so brief and light on actual expectations.  I am at a conference for a couple days and will not be able to watch the episode tonight.  I will watch it when I get home and try to get my review up on Thursday.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment