Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Hot Potato Soup” (4x12) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Wake Up”?
The May LMD realized it was an LMD, confronted Radcliffe, and discovered that its programming is such that it cannot hurt Radcliffe and does not want to reveal itself to Coulson. Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. was exposed in a botched attempt to break into Senator Nadeer’s office, which in turn exposed the fact that there is a traitor at S.H.I.E.L.D. This led them to Radcliffe, whom Fitz recognized as an LMD. In reality, the real Radcliffe had already gone to Nadeer for protection.
Episode Synopsis for “Hot Potato Soup”:
“Agents Sam and Billy Koenig are hunted down to get at the Darkhold book, and only Coulson and the team can save them before the clock ticks out”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- We will finally learn how many Koenigs there are and why there are so many of them
- Radcliffe will meet the Superior—which may not necessarily translate to us meeting the Superior
- I think the Darkhold will fall into Radcliffe’s hands at some point this arc, but it might not be until the last or next-to-last episode
- Something is going to happen with LMD-May, but I'm not sure if she will get found out, go Terminator, or find a way around her programming
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
The Koenigs turn out to be the first-ever attempt by S.H.I.E.L.D. at creating an LMD.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”