Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. continues tonight with “Self Control” (4x15) at 10:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “The Man Behind the Shield”?
Coulson, Daisy, Mack, and Mace were all replaced by LMDs. We also learned a whole bunch more about Coulson’s history with May. Oh, and AIDA seems to be in a little more control of what’s going on than the Superior (who got knocked out by Daisy) and Radcliffe (who seems far more interested in living in the Framework than living in the real world).
Episode Synopsis for “Self Control”:
“As more LMDs infiltrate S.H.I.E.L.D., suspicion begins to turn to paranoia among the members of Coulson’s team”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson is not Director anymore; he and Mack have a “buddy cop” routine going
- Who is the new Director as a person? Where do his loyalties lie? Is he a puppet (with Coulson more or less in control behind-the-scenes, as with him and Talbot last season)? Is he another Nick Fury? Is he working for someone else?
- Life-Model Decoys—what do they mean for S.H.I.E.L.D.?
- The aftermath of the Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
- Magic and the MCU
What I am looking for tonight:
- Fitz and Simmons will be the primary focus of the episode
- This episode feels like it will be a little more cerebral and a little less action-heavy
- I want a definitive answer: can the LMDs imitate superpowers (i.e. Daisy)?
- I do expect the LMD conflict to be resolved this episode, though that’s no guarantee, considering how close the LMDs are to victory
- We are going to find out what the final arc of the season is tonight
- I kind of expect an announcement of another online miniseries like Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Slingshot that will become available in a week or two and fill in the hiatus
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Deathlok shows up and sets off a handheld EMP to defeat the LMDs
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”