Saturday, February 11, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for February 11



Another week, and more MCU news!  There’s a whole bunch of TV news, along with confirmation of some expected actors for the movies.  Oh, and there’s a Super Bowl trailer or two.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

Expectations and review for this week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., “BOOM.”  I didn’t realize until after the episode had aired that Shockley actually became the MCU version of Nitro.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Here’s the Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 Super Bowl trailer, which gives us the first look at Ayesha!

Now it is confirmed that Andy Serkis’ Ulysses Klaue will appear in Black Panther.  I expected it, but this is the first confirmation I’ve seen of his involvement.

Michael Douglas is confirmed to return for Ant-Man & the Wasp—no surprise there.

Here is the second trailer for Iron Fist, which is coming out on St. Patrick’s Day (March 17)!  A lot of awesome things going on, including Madame Gao back to take him on.  Here’s a question for you:  there’s someone with cropped hair at 1:48 (probably not Colleen Wing).  Who is it?  My guess is a surprise introduction/team-up with Shang Chi, but that was only rumored once, well before the show went into production.

Runaways cast all the parents (a.k.a. the villains) except those of Molly Hernandez (the “non-mutants”), and has now started filming!  Heres a question:  do you think they havent announced Mollys parents yet because they are going to be introduced on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Marvel does not want to spoiler that surprise?

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

FOX’s Matt Nix-helmed X-Men TV series has cast its first lead.  I’m curious to see what this show will look like, given that it is pulling an Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. by taking place in the same universe with the films.  The first lead is Blair Redford as “Sam,” “the strong-headed Native American leader of the underground network.”  There are a few Native American mutants out there, but she could also be an original character.

Matt Reeves is now going to direct Ben Affleck’s Batman movie.

Well this is extremely disappointing:  Star Wars: The Clone Wars is slated to be removed from Netflix on March 7.  I’ve already binged the whole series, but it’s still disappointing; I would like to be able to go back and watch it again whenever I want.  Of course, considering my internet woes, I suppose just buying the DVD set would be better for my mental health anyway…

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment