Monday, July 13, 2015

San Diego Comic-Con 2015 RECAP


Image Courtesy
comic-con.org

If you read my expectations for Comic-Con last week, you may remember that I was actually expecting quite a bit from Marvel Comics and Marvel TV.  However, if you either were at Comic-Con or have been following the press released in the blogosphere (like me), you should know that we didn’t get most of what I was expecting.  But that doesn’t mean that nothing of note happened at Comic-Con (*cough*DC*cough*BvS*cough*Suicide Squad*cough CW*cough)—even on the Marvel side of things.  So without further ado, let’s go through what Marvel shared at Comic-Con.

Note:  if you know of something that I missed from Marvel’s Comic-Con panels, let me know in the comments and I will update the article.


Marvel Comics

Spider-Man and Deadpool are going to be teaming up for a series after Secret Wars, but that’s the only thing I’m aware of to come out of Comic-Con.

Marvel ABC

            Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

The Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. cast was out in force at Comic-Con and engaged in an all-out war with the cast of Agent Carter.  And by that I mean that the two casts had a “Dubsmash” fight all through Comic-Con—recording videos of themselves lip-syncing pop tunes.  Among other things, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. sang “We Are the Champions,” culminating with a shot of Clark Gregg dressed in drag as Peggy Carter!

We did get one announcement to go along with the poster which Marvel gave out at Comic-Con:  the Inhuman Lash will be appearing in this season.  In the comics, Lash is a member of another Inhuman group who wants to keep the Inhumans’ bloodline “pure.”  Does this mean that he will be the main antagonist?
Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com

In addition to that announcement, Marvel also showed a recap video going through everything that happened in season 2.  If you are new to the series, I’d suggest watching the video here to get caught up.

            Agent Carter

We got a poster, and there was a panel, but I’m not sure if anything else happened.

Image Courtesy www.twitter.com/AgentCarterTV
            Other

Nothing

Marvel Netflix

            Jessica Jones Season 1

I’m not sure whether it was part of Comic-Con or not, but Marvel and Netflix released a few official photos of Luke Cage on the set of Jessica Jones, along with a couple videos of them shooting a scene.

            Daredevil Season 2

We got a couple pictures of Jon Bernthal on the set of Daredevil season 2 (but not official ones).

            Other

Nothing, unfortunately

Conclusion

On the whole I’m a little disappointed that we didn’t find out anything about Luke Cage or Iron Fist, but I wasn’t really expecting a lot from Comic-Con this year, considering that Marvel Studios as a whole was not planning to attend.

On the bright side, DC got a chance to take center stage, and they did not disappoint:  new trailers for Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice, Suicide Squad, and the TV shows; costume reveals for The Flash and Arrow  DC really took advantage of the vacuum of power left by Marvel’s decision not to come.

So are you disappointed with the lack of Marvel news from Comic-Con, or did the DC announcements make up for it?  Do you know of anything that I missed from Comic-Con and should include?  Let me know in the comments!

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment