|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “Emancipation” (3x20) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “Failed Experiments”?
Hive attempted to use his blood to replicate the Kree experiment which created him, but the experiment failed because they were not using actual Kree blood. Consequently, Hive activated the Kree beacon (the Kree artifact), summoning a pair of Kree Reapers to his location. Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. located Daisy using facial recognition and sent a team led by May and Mack to stop Hive. The mission failed, however, as Daisy refused to go with Mack and instead nearly killed him. Hive consumed one of the Kree and Mack used a splinter bomb on the other, preventing Hive from getting enough Kree blood. However, Daisy offered her own blood (which has Kree blood in it from season 1) as a substitute.
Also, Fitz and Simmons created an anti-toxin that might stop Hive, and Lincoln volunteered to test it. Unfortunately, the anti-toxin failed.
Episode Synopsis for “Emancipation”:
“With only two episodes left before S.H.I.E.L.D. loses one of their own, Daisy’s prophecy ticks closer towards a major loss, as the aftermath of the events of Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War force S.H.I.E.L.D. to register the Inhumans.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new hand
- Daisy rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward/Hive recruiting Inhuman drones
- The Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
What I am looking for tonight:
- A decent answer to the question of just when this episode takes place in relation to the events of Civil War
- My guess (without seeing any of the clips they released) is that it will take place after the Sokovia Accords were signed but before the rest of the events
- I’m guessing that the Civil War tie-in won’t be quite as game-changing as the Winter Soldier tie-in was
- I expect that either Maria Hill or General Talbot will contact Coulson looking to get the ball rolling on registering the Inhumans under a provision of the Sokovia Accords
- Hive will succeed in using Daisy’s blood to replicate the experiment
- Based on the episode title, I’m calling it now: S.H.I.E.L.D. will find a way to “emancipate” Daisy, just in time for the finale
- At some point S.H.I.E.L.D. needs to recruit more Secret Warriors
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Captain America himself (or one of his teammates) appears looking for Coulson’s help in the major battle of the movie.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you are concerned about Civil War spoilers in tonight's episode, record it and wait for tomorrow. I'll publish at least a quick article as soon as I've watched the episode to let you know if there are any Civil War spoilers.
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”