Saturday, May 7, 2016

Weekly MCU Review for 5/7



Another week, and more MCU news!  So Captain America: Civil War came out this week, and it’s already made its budget at the international box office.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First up for the week, my review of Daredevil season 2, episode 7, “Semper Fidelis.”

Next, expectations and review of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. season 3, episode 19, “Failed Experiments.”

Finally, expectations and spoiler-FREE review of Captain America: Civil War.  I’ll publish a spoiler-filled review tomorrow.  Short version:  GO SEE THIS MOVIE!

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

Captain America: Civil War made $84 million in its first 3 days internationally.  Oh, and it managed to cross the $200 million mark internationally on Sunday!  And all of that is in just under 2/3 of the international territories which it will play.  This thing is probably going to make a billion in a week!

Civil War’s Thursday opening in the U.S. was around $25 million, along with $261.6 million internationally (as of Wednesday).  Wow!

Sharon Stone is making a small appearance in an upcoming Marvel movie.  Any guesses who and in what movie?

Could Captain Marvel appear in Infinity War?  Why yes, I’m pretty sure she will.

According to Kevin Feige, Marvel is “committing” to a Black Widow solo movie.  I would love to see that (but then, I’d love to see any Marvel movie!).

Well, according to Deadline, Marvel’s Most Wanted is a “no-brainer” to be picked up as a series (though THR sort-of disagrees).  However, THR is also suggesting that Agent Carter season 3 is unlikely.  I can’t wait to see Most Wanted, though I will be disappointed if Carter doesn’t come back.  I wrote a defense of Agent Carter season 2 last year; I may do the same thing for season 3 this year.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

Hugh Jackman’s Wolverine 3 has started adding cast members.

Ben Affleck has now been added to Justice League as executive producer.

According to James Wan himself, he is not planning to leave Aquaman.

Disney finally cast their young Han Solo:  Alden Ehrenreich.

So Lebron James is going to be making Space Jam 2 with Jeremy Lin.  I enjoyed the first one, so I’m curious what will happen with this second one.

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment