|Image Courtesy www.ew.com|
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 is already raking in the dough internationally, but it does not come out in the U.S. until tomorrow. On the bright side, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 will be released in the U.S. tomorrow! Who do we expect from it?
What has happened so far?
The short answer: check out my “TL;DW” summary.
Long answer: Peter Quill, a.k.a. “Star Lord,” Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Rocket Raccoon, and Groot came together with assistance from Yondu to stop Ronan the Accuser and Nebula from using the Orb (an Infinity Stone) to destroy Xandar.
Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord and his band of misfits continue their cosmic adventures as protectors of the galaxy against all-new threats including Ayesha and the Ravagers as their team grows and Peter learns about his father, Ego the Living Planet, and true heritage.
Continuing plot points:
· Getting to know the Guardians more deeply
· Family and parenthood are going to be major themes of the movie
· The Infinity Stones and Thanos’ quest to put the Infinity Gauntlet together are pretty big in the MCU at the moment
· The Guardians are confirmed for Avengers: Infinity War
What I am looking for in this movie:
· By the end we will know all of the Guardians better
· I don’t expect all of the Guardians (particularly the new ones) to still be on the team at the end of the movie
· I hope they will explain Groot’s sacrifice from the first movie in some way so it is still meaningful
· I’m excited to see Yondu’s original team together at some point in this movie
· I’m pretty sure James Gunn confirmed that there will not be an Infinity stone in this movie
· They will probably set up Adam Warlock for an appearance in Infinity War
· I really hope Ayesha will not be a forgettable villain
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
Howard the Duck joins the Guardians by the end of the movie
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”