Saturday, May 13, 2017

Weekly MCU Review for May 13



Another week, and more MCU news!  Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 has been out for a week, and a bunch of TV series’ got picked up, renewed, and cancelled.  Put some ketchup on your eggs, and catch-up on your Marvel news!


Mostly MCU Reviews

My articles from the week

First up, the continuation of my Iron Fist review series:  looking at the characters from other Netflix shows.

Also this week, expectations and review for this week’s episode of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., “The Return.”

Finally, my full review of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2.  If you haven’t seen the movie yet, you can check out my expectations and non-spoiler review instead.

MCU News

Links to news articles and blog posts about the MCU

As of May 11, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was up to $183 million in the U.S., with another $325 million internationally, putting it over $500 million.  Wow!

It has been reported and confirmed that Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. will be renewed for season 5!

Shades will be back for Luke Cage season 2.

News from Around Geekdom

Anything not related to the MCU that I find interesting

New Mutants added two cast members in Anya Taylor-Joy and Maisie Williams

The Gifted released a teaser and has been ordered to series.  I am excited for this.  I’m not sure what Matt Nix has been doing since Burn Notice, but I loved that series.

Marvel and FOX (FXX) are teaming up for a Deadpool animated series geared for adults.  Now that’s an interesting concept!

Gotham has been renewed for its fourth season.

The CW has officially ordered Black Lightning to series.  I assume this will be in the Arrowverse, but I don’t think it’s been confirmed.

SyFy ordered Krypton, the Superman prequel series, to series.  Why do we need a series focusing on Kal-El’s grandfather?

Powerless, however, has been cancelled.

There is a new Hellboy in the works:  it is a reboot with the working title Hellboy: Rise of the Blood Queen, which will star David Harbour.

There is also a new Judge Dredd in the works:  a live-action TV series tentatively titled Judge Dredd: Mega City One.

Were you a fan of Psych?  I was, so I was really excited to hear that they were developing a movie for this Christmas, titled Psych: The Movie, which will reunite the entire original cast!

If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment