|Image Courtesy www.comicbook.com|
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. returns tonight with “The Singularity” (3x18) at 9:00 PM Eastern/Pacific. What do we expect from tonight's episode?
What happened in the last episode, “The Team”?
The Secret Warriors Assembled! to rescue Coulson’s team on Zephyr One from Hydra. While at the Hydra base Lincoln captures Malick, who reveals to Coulson Hive’s ability to turn Inhumans to his side. This puts a bug in Coulson’s head (*ducks*) that one of the Secret Warriors might have been turned by Hive while at the base. This turns the humans against the Inhumans and the Secret Warriors against each other. In the end, Daisy reveals herself to have been the mole, escapes with the Kree orb, and destroys the base on her way out.
At the same time, Fitz and Simmons autopsy Lucio’s brain and discover evidence of parasites. However, these parasites are not doing permanent damage to the brain. Also in this episode, Fitz and Simmons decide to test out a relationship and kiss. Not their first kiss, but their second.
Episode Synopsis for “The Singularity”:
“The team reels from their losses as Hive continues to draw Inhumans to his side; Agents Fitz and Simmons get a lead that could stop the maniacal Inhuman forever.”
Continuing plot points:
- Coulson’s new hand
- Skye rebuilding the Inhumans and recruiting her Secret Warriors simultaneously
- The “Terrigen Bomb—Fish Oil Version”
- Ward/Hive and Malick rebuilding Hydra and recruiting Inhuman drones
- The Sokovia Accords/Superhuman Civil War
What I am looking for tonight:
- Some awesome scenes of Hive-Daisy cutting loose and acting crazy
- They will at a minimum tease “SkyeWard” now that they are both on the same side again
- A lot of really interesting reactions to the revelation of Daisy as the traitor
- I think I’m most interested in seeing more of Coulson’s and Lincoln’s reactions
- Both teams (“Hivedra” and the Secret Warriors) will be expanding over the next few episodes, and the synopsis hints that “Hivedra” will be doing some “recruiting” this episode
- S.H.I.E.L.D. will try to save Daisy, but they will fail at first
- Fitz and Simmons will do some more science and figure out how to test the Inhumans for Hive’s parasites
- It might be a little too early for them to figure out a cure or inoculation
- We’re only 2 episodes away from Captain America: Civil War’s U.S. release, so I’m guessing that at least by the end of this episode we will have some idea of how the show will tie in with the movie
- What exactly is the "Singularity"?
What would be awesome but probably won’t happen:
I don't know... Hive-Daisy and Hive demonstrate their powers and flatten a small island. There.
So what are you looking for in tonight’s episode? What is there that you really want to see but may not see at all?
If you want to get an email whenever I publish a new article, go to the top of the page and enter your email address in the box labeled “Subscribe to Mostly MCU Reviews” and click “Submit.”